IN TODAY'S WASHINGTON POST EXPRESS
* First Scapegoat Takes Fall For Administration
Baghdad--Specialist Jeremy C. Sivits was convicted of aggravated order-taking at his court martial yesterday, becoming the first hapless victim of the Administration's attempts to contain the Iraqi prison abuse scandal to the lower ranks. Sivits wept openly and melodramatically threw himself at the feet of the military judges begging for mercy before being given the maximum penalty for prisoner torture: a slap on the wrist, a stern talking-to, and a one-way ticket back to the States.
Sivits's testimony will now be used against three other defendants who similarly have been charged with mistreating American playthings without direct supervision. The courts martial will likely take about five minutes each as the Bush Administration tries to defuse the international anger that for some reason was aroused by the pictures of naked Iraqis being electrocuted, whipped, beaten, drowned, sliced, diced, sauteed in light cream sauce, and forced to copulate.
Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez, testifying before the Senate Armed Services committee, said that he would personally investigate the extent of the abuse, all the way up the chain of command, including himself. Republicans on the committee lauded the General for his willingness to fall on his sword for the sake of the President.
IN OTHER NEWS
* Bear Cub Assumes Alaskan Sunbather Is Insane, Or Else Lunch
* Dumbass Nearly Dies After Drinking Unidentified Chemical; Fucking Texas
* Rudy Giuliani Admits To Flying Hijacked Plane Into South Tower
* Iraq To Get More Fucked, Generals Predict
* Oklahoma Forced To Allow Other Religions
* American Cannon Fodder Still Lining Up In Droves
* U.S. Disputes Attack On Wedding Party; Calls It "Terror Celebration"
* More Arabs Blown Up, Shot, Bludgeoned
* India Gets First Non-Gandhi Prime Minister Since 1539
* Terror Cornstarch Interrupts Blair Speech
* New Local Airline To Risk Bankruptcy
* Trivia On Potato Chips What A Great Idea
* Bands Come For Music Festival; Will Likely Play Music
* Irish Band Convinced They're The Beach Boys
* Jars Of Clay Still Around For Some Reason
* The Misfits, Too
* DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CICADA DEATH ARMY
* Ugliest Man In Professional Sport Throws Perfect Game
* All North Chicago Mourns As Sosa Sneezes Himself Onto DL
* Bill Cosby Lacks Even Rudimentary Fashion Sense
* Bo Derek: American Horses Too Good For European Dinners
* Brad Pitt Expects To Be Pretty Four More Years
* Man is incompetent loser! With hilarious results.
CROSSWORD PUZZLE REPORT
* Sweet Sandwich: OREO